Syndication can help prevent the abandoned shopping cart. But first, you must create a data syndication strategy.
Source: Salsify YouTube
Create a Data Syndication Strategy
Brands must integrate — at minimum — a consumer-focused product data and content plan supported by synchronization.
The consumer product experience is now more than the surface content on the site page. To improve your product strategy, identify the gaps between products with the basic, requisite details and those with exemplary shopping experiences.
Next, set up a workflow and select the technology that will help you close these gaps and optimize product content and syndication across all your major selling platforms.
Before you can successfully syndicate your content, ask yourself the following:
- Am I familiar with my stored content?
- Do I know all of the touchpoint requirements?
- Does my product content meet key retailer requirements?
- Are my product pages complete?
- Are they stored in a consistent format?
Building content before syndicating will help simplify the process. For example, it’s difficult to deliver content to most retailers without GTINs or UPCs. You’ll want to ensure that your content is as ready as possible.
Invest in Data Syndication Tools
The right data syndication tools will:
- Empower brands to manage channel-specific versions of their product content;
- Validate content readiness against the unique requirements of every channel; and
- Continuously optimize product content to drive engaging product experiences across all of their commerce channels.
Data syndication tools are key to successful syndication.
Take our comprehensive Syndication Certification program to learn about everything from syndication to touchpoints.